Semiar ReportsRead More
Blu-Ray Disc Technology PPT
Download Link beloew :
Similiar seminar Topics
1. Blu Ray Disc
2. Table of Content HISTORY THE NAME FORMAT OF BD TYPE OF BD THE TECHNOLOGY COMPARISON IN BUILDING BD AND DVD COMPARISON IN BEAM SIZE
3. CD VS. DVD VS. HD-DVD VS. BLU-RAY DISC FEATURES OF BD BLU- RAY‟S DURABILITY ADVANTAGE BLU-RAY DENSITY ADVANTAGE ON GUARD DO MORE WITH…
4. HISTORY 1 st GENERATION : Compact Disc (CD):-- 650/700MB It is with us for over 20 yrs. Wavelength of laser which reads data: 780nm Color of laser: Red 2nd GENERATION : Digital versatile disc (DVD):-- 4.7GB It offers high quality sound and video than CD. Wavelength of laser which reads data: 650nm Color of laser: Red
5. HISTORY 3 RD Generation: Blu-ray disc (BD):-- 25/50 GB Next generation optional disc format. Developed by blu-ray association (which includes Apple, Hitachi, HP, LG, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony). Wavelength of laser that reads data: 405nm Color of laser: Blue-violet which was developed by SHUJI NAKAMURA at NICHIA COPERATION.
6. The Name The blu-ray name is the combination of “blue”, for color of the laser that is used and “ray” for the optical ray. The “e” in “blue” was purposefully left off, according to the manufacturers, because an everyday word cannot be a trademark.
7. Format of BD It comes in four different formats: 1. BD-ROM (read only): for reading recorded content. 2. BD-R (recordable): for PC data storage. 3. BD-RW (rewritable): for PC data storage. 4. BD-RE (rewritable): for HDTV (high definition television) recording.
8. TYPES OF BD SINGLE LAYER: can hold data up to 25/27 GB that means 2hrs of HD video or about 13hrs of standard video. DOUBLE LAYER: can hold data up to 50 GB that means 4.5hrs of HD video or about 20hrs of standard video.
9. THE TECHNOLOGY Pits: spiral groves that runs from the center of the disc to its edge. Track pitch: it is the distance between the two tracks (of pits) on the surface. Disc store digitally encoded data in PITS.
10. THE TECHNOLOGY So, in blu-ray disc: Pit size-- 0.15 microns (more than twice as small as the pits on DVD). Track pitch – 0.32 microns laser needed:-- blue-violet laser (450nm) Data transfer rate: 36Mbps
12. image blu ray
13. Comparison in building BD AND DVD BD Data is placed on top of a 1.1 mm thick polycarbonate layer. Doesn’t suffer from BIREFRINGENCE. Doesn’t suffer from Disc Tilt. Hard coating is placed outside to protect from DVD Data is sandwiched b/w two polycarbonate layers, each 0.6 mm thick. Suffer from BIREFRINGENCE. Suffer from Disc Tilt. No such hard coating is placed. scratches or fingerprints.
16. Comparison in Beam size
17. CD vs. DVD vs. HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray Disc
18. Features of BD With BD we can: Record HDTV without any quality loss. Instantly skip to any spot on disc. Record any program while watching other on the disc. Create playlists. Edit or reorder programs recorded on the disc. Automatically search for an empty on the disc to avoid recording over the program. Access to web to download subtitles and other extra features. And many more…..
19. BLU- RAY'S DURABILITY ADVANTAGE Various hard coating technologies make Blu ray disc most durable and family-friendly. Hard coating technology provides resistances to: – Finger prints – Marks – Scratches – Dust Much more ROBUST than today‟s polycarbonate - based CD/DVD‟s (and HD DVD‟s).
20. Blu-ray Density Advantage Higher density enables better data seek times. Shorter to travel for same amount of data results in the faster data seek. Better for random access of data.
21. On Guard Blu-ray discs are better armed than current DVD's. They come equipped with a secure encryption system – a unique ID that protected against video piracy and copyright infringement.
22. Do More With… More capacity , Density and Performance. More Industry Support/Consumer Reach. More Durable. More interactive user experience. More flexible content protection.
23. THANK YOU
comments powered by Disqus